Home > Canadian Experience Class


The Canadian Experience Class (CEC) Program offers a chance for people who want to become permanent residents and are already employed in Canada or have prior work experience there. This program was made exclusively for applicants who are currently in Canada with a Temporary Work Permit from the Canadian government. For this Canadian CEC program, interested candidates must have worked in Canada for at least a year in the previous ten years.

Since 2008, the CEC Canada Program has offered an important route for individuals who have worked in Canada and want to get permanent status. The Express Entry program for Canada offers three options, the CEC being one of them.

Following take as consideration for eligibility of Canadian Experience Class

  • The Canadian CEC program has no set minimum educational requirements. But, adding certifications of your credentials will help you rank better in the Express Entry program by raising your CRS score.
  • You need to meet minimum language level requirements, depending upon the type of job you work for in order to immigrate Canada under CEC.

    • You need Canadian Language Benchmark CLB-7 for TEER 0, 1.
    • You require Canadian Language Benchmark CLB-5 for TEER 2, 3.
  • Candidates for Canada’s CEC programme must have at least 1,560 hours of full-time work experience in skilled occupations over the course of the previous three years. TEER 0, 1, 2, and 3 jobs are accepted under this.

    You can either have one year of recent, full-time, paid employment (i.e. minimum 30 hours per week for 12 months).

  • To be eligible to apply for the Canadian Experience Class program, you must not be otherwise ineligible to enter Canada.

    Also, you must be prepared to relocate outside of Quebec.


Book a Consultation to assess your Credentials to find out if you are eligible for applying Canada Experience Class?

STEPS TO FOLLOW TO APPLY TO canadian experience class

Following are the steps to apply for the FSW Program in Canada Successfully receive an ITA for the final submission of your profile and become a permanent resident of Canada within 6 months period.

In order to apply for the Canadian Experience Class programme, you must have a work permit. Some people, such as those who are eligible for the International Experience Canada (IEC) programme or the spouse or common-law partner of an international student or foreign worker in Canada, may be able to get an open work permit. An employer-specific (‘closed’) work permit might be granted to others. Closed work permits include those issued following a favourable Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) and those issued for transfers inside the same business.

You must have at least one year of work experience (or more) to be eligible for the Canadian Experience Class programme.

Take the language test. For the English language test, candidates can take the IELTS or CELPIP. The options for learning French are the TEF and TCF. Applicants who can communicate in both French and English to some extent are eligible for bonus points.

You must submit your paperwork after you are declared eligible for one of these Canadian Fast Entry programmes. A ranking based on the Complete Ranking System will be given to your file (CRS). In order to rank profiles for the Express Entry pool, evaluation and scoring of the profiles (based on education and language proficiency) are done.

The results of language exams, proof of schooling, a passport or other travel documents, and proof of financial means are only a few examples of documents.

You must now submit details about yourself, such as your age, education level, employment history, etc.

Those candidates who receive the highest CRS score will be invited to apply (ITA). With this invitation, a person can apply for this programme as well as Canadian Express Entry programmes.

An invitation to apply (ITA) is required before someone can apply for a Canadian Express Entry programme. Individuals need to keep in mind that they only have 60 days to submit their application.


What is Canada experience class?

For qualified workers with prior Canadian work experience who desire to become permanent residents, there is the Canadian Experience Class.

How many working hours required for CEC?

You must have completed at least: 12 months of full-time employment in one of the following fields within the three years before to applying to be eligible for permanent residence under the Canadian Experience Class: 1,560 hours of a year's worth of work at 30 hours a week, OR.

What advantages does the Canadian experience class offer?

Make an effort to acquire a suitable work offer from a Canadian firm. Potential CEC candidates have a significant advantage over Express Entry applicants who reside abroad in that they can meet employers and network with them while in Canada. Similar to that, you may attempt to secure a provincial nomination.

Can I apply for CEC before a year has passed?

In one or more NOC 0, A, or B occupations, applicants must have at least 12 months of full-time, Canadian-skilled work experience (or the equivalent in part-time work experience) during the 36 months preceding the date of application receipt.

What distinguishes CEC from Express Entry?

Canada's Fast Entry immigration programme includes CEC. The Canadian government recognises the vast pool of brilliant people already employed there and encourages their application for permanent residency.

Are job offers required for the Canadian experience class?

No, you often don't require a job offer. But, if you: qualify for the Federal Skilled Worker Program or the Federal Skilled Trades Program; and. lack the resources to maintain yourself and your family in Canada, you will need one.

How long does CEC processing typically take?

Application processing time for the Canadian Experience Class (CEC). In particular, the Federal Skilled Worker Program (FSWP), Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP), and Canadian Experience Class (CEC) applications are handled in under six months, accounting for about 80% of all economic stream applications.

Does CEC need medical exam?

Your Canadian Experience Class (CEC) Application may, like the majority of Permanent Residence Applicants, need to be approved by a medical examination. Either do it right now, in advance, or wait for Citizenship and Immigration Canada to ask you to do it.

Should I provide proof of fund for CEC Application?

You will be required to submit the amount of money you will have to help you settle in Canada in your Fast Entry profile. This helps us determine which programmes you could be eligible for and demonstrates your ability to support yourself and any family members who travel to Canada with you.